A full wedding prep weekend

Kyle and I went down to Richmond Friday evening to prepare for our wedding fund raiser yard sale that we were having at Kyle’s parents on Saturday.  My mom brought stuff over, Kyle’s mom cleaned out their house, and Kyle and I had brought down all the doubles we had after moving in to our new place.  We stayed up late (Dana stayed up the latest), and got everything priced.  We had a lot set up, but had to move a lot in because of rain.  Then Saturday morning, we moved stuff out, and had people show up well before the sale was supposed to start (as can be expected with yard sales).  We probably priced some things too low and some too high (so they didn’t sell), but we sold a lot, and we made a lot.  Overall the yard sale was exhausting, but a huge success.  Thanks to our parents who helped so much.  We even left them early to go meet with Fr. Pat about the wedding service in London, KY.

We went to church at Fr. Pat’s church, and then we went out to dinner with him.  Then we went back to his house and discussed the service.  It was good to talk with him and ask him questions, and I think he was glad to know what we were thinking.  So there are still a few things left to decide, but the service is much closer to being planned now.

This morning we slept in, and then we talked to Kyle’s parents about wedding plans, in particular the rehearsal dinner.  We’re waiting to hear from one more potential place to have the dinner, but we should have the location for the rehearsal dinner decided and booked soon.

Then we drove to Lexington, and met with a jewelry designer, Pattie, recommended to us by my friend Emily’s dad to take over the design of my wedding band.  Gary, the artisan who designed my engagement ring, passed away somewhat suddenly after a battle with pancreatic cancer at the beginning of June.  We also talked to her about doing Kyle’s ring.  Pattie is very nice, and we think she’ll do a great job with our rings.  So we left my ring with her so she could work on the design.  Now it’s really weird that I don’t have a ring on my finger.  It used to feel weird to always have a ring on, and now it’s the opposite.  I might have to put another ring on until I get my ring back.

We got quite a bit done this weekend.  And we got quite a bit done last week, but I’m not going to write about that because I’m a little brain-dead.  Now we’re back in Louisville, and probably going to go to bed early.  We’re still exhausted.  Thanks again to our parents for their help on the yard sale!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s